Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thing #14


I love utilizing tools that help streamline productivity! I've been an iGoogle user for a while and find it very helpful because I can get a lot of information at a glance. It's a great starting point for time spent on the web. This Thing reminds us of how many cool tools we have at our fingertips, tools that have practical uses. Collaboration on document creation and management could not be any easier than using Google Docs. I've witnessed this in my internship as staff members edit library system policies. Extremely useful and efficient.

Although I use the calendar on my Mac, I think open source, web-based calendars are a great idea for the workplace. For groups and organizations, this is a simple way to share calendars for planning purposes. For libraries, it's an easy way to organize meetings and programs. Briiliant!

My lists are kept in my mind and yes, that is a very faulty system! I've gotten away from efficient list-keeping. I'll add that to my list of Things To Do.

Backpack looks like a super handy tool and would work well for an individual or group. It reminds me a lot of what is available in the Microsoft Office Suite. If individuals use the tools that are available, it makes planning SO much easier for everyone involved. Using the web-based tools makes accessing planning information a snap.

I don't think it's really helping with my productivity -- but-- I DID add a countdown timer to my blog! I can't help but be excited about graduating. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment