Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thing #3

I love chickens. Because I love chickens, I used them as my search term on Technorati and BlogPulse. I was mildly surprised by the variance in results. Although the focus of this exercise is blogs, I did a generic search on Google out of curiosity. The two sites that focused on chickens in blogs offered differing results from one another. Results produced blogs by chicken owners, which would have been my subject of choice, as well as recipes for cooking chickens. HA! There were even Bible quotes. What a variety! I don't believe I've ever searched a blog search engine so that was interesting.

Although I never aspire to become a professional blogger, I can see how registering blogs on these sites would greatly benefit those who do. I think as an information provider, these search tools could be useful to provide guidance for info seekers needing to research blogs. Not all research is academic. Sometimes the information we need comes from laypeople. Such as those people who have first hand experience raising chickens in an urban setting, as an example.

No comments:

Post a Comment