Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thing #19

Since getting my first computer in 1996, I've used it as a way to stay connected and socialize with friends near and far. This has also allowed me to make new friends through a variety of online social networks. I have friends in motorcycling forums and crafting friends who like to swap handmade goods. Now that I'm up to my eyeballs in the library world, I use social networking sites to talk shop with others in the profession.

Just a couple weeks ago I logged into a WebJunction webinar about 23 Things. More than 200 other library folk joined in to learn how to implement a 23 Things program and get ideas on how to promote the program's benefits to participants. The library community came together, online, to learn and share... to collaborate on a topic I find very beneficial to library staff.

I've recently joined Ning, but haven't really gotten involved. Several peers use Ning as a meeting place to share information, experiences, and ideas about library-related topic and recommend that I explore it further. I will when time allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment