Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thing #20

I've been a Bookcrosser since 2002. In fact, I established the Yahoo Group that meets monthly in Jacksonville. Since beginning, I have released 769 books into the wild, including three a couple days ago. I set those "free" at Panera and saw two people "find" the books while I was having lunch. I love finding out where my books have gone and appreciate the people who have taken the extra time to log their finds. Without them, there'd be no fun in it at all.

I think anything that encourages or enhances reading is a good thing. Even the Internet. Most of my reading these days is online. Due to my studies, I read a lot of articles and book materials in .pdf form. Additionally, I have text books and this semester, I'm reading a gazillion young adult books. I look forward to getting back to reading for pleasure and when I do, I intend to participate in some reading groups through Booksprouts. A friend, and librarian, recommended the site about a month ago and said she enjoyed sharing a book discussion through the site with a group of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment